Summary

SUMMARY: After years of running away, Edward Cullen finds himself back at his family's Napa Valley vineyard. What should have been a short trip & quick sell of an old run down crop turns into one of the hardest decisions he never thought he'd have to make. AH, BxE Romance, Humor, Drama, Wine - Rated M for Mature Audiences

*originally posted on fanfiction.net 9.23.2010*

(I do not own these characters this is simply a work of fanfiction)


Chapter 15 ~ Favorable Legs


Bella Swan aka Pie Girl


What is it about suddenly feeling like you have the upper hand that makes a woman so stubborn about inviting the completely drenched object of her affections into the house that has a nice, warm, extremely comfortable bed no more than…one hundred feet, or so, away?
Just up the stairs.
And blankets…plenty of blankets to keep him warm.
Me…to keep him warm.
Oh lord.
His eyes.
They were dark, and demanding.
And very much, full of…something.
Desire?
For me.  Say it’s for me.
“I came here to tell you something,” he said, squinting through the rain drops, as they fell onto his face and my breathing felt as though it had become erratic, even though I stood quietly, giving nothing away.
Soooo…want to kiss you.
“Uh huh,” I chirped.
Barely.
It was all I could muster.
I mean he was standing at that door with…extremely wet clothes on. 
Clothes that were doing a very evil deed, by clinging tightly to his torso, like that…showing me every outline of muscle that lived there.
“I am…really…sorry about today,” he told me.  Then took a step closer and I backed into the foyer, half intimidated by his desperation, half scared of what had instigated that desperation.
“Well,” I cleared my throat, a little.  “ I’m sorry you wasted a trip over here, Edward,” I started to say, wanting to slap myself for saying it.  It was like a train wreck, my mouth…saying words I didn’t want it to say…telling him things I didn’t want to tell him…
I literally felt like I was having an out of body experience, watching someone else take complete control over my actions as I began to shut the door on him but he put a hand up against it, to stop me from closing it all the way.
Thank you god.
We locked eyes for a moment and just about every part of me warmed under his direct attention.
Other parts were…not so warm…
Hot, actually.
And very, not dry.
I decided, I wanted to know why he’d fought a storm, on foot, in the deep of the evening, like that, when he had to have known I wouldn’t want to talk to him.
At least, he should have thought that.
Considering I’d hung up on him.
Which was a hint that I had to admit, I was so glad he hadn’t taken.
“What do you want…Edward?” I asked him, softly, hardly able to speak, at that point, as he stood just outside the doorway, becoming more and more soaked by the minute.
But he didn’t seem to mind as he remained there, leaning again the Hales door, closer to me than I’d originally thought he was.
A slight smile appeared on his lips, as he said one simple word.
One that was going to make every decision I’d made in the past few weeks seem…worthy.
“You,” he said and I managed to remain expressionless, even though I was distinctly aware that my heart was about to jump him before I’d gotten a chance to.
I couldn’t move.
Couldn’t breathe.
Couldn’t think.
And then he reiterated himself, in case I hadn’t understood him the first time, I guessed.
“I want you, Pie Girl.”
I blinked.
And then blinked again.
I mean it’s one thing to flirt, relentlessly, with the steamy, captivating, arousing, come-hither type vineyard, army guy in hopes of feeling the thing you felt that felt…so good…the night he kissed you for the first time against his kitchen counter…
It’s a whole other story to actually be taken up on said flirting.
My eyes took him in, as the rain continued to pelt him and I began to realize, he had to have been freezing, standing there.
“You’re soaked to the boner,” I whispered and then my eyes widened just before I shut them tight, at my own words.
Boner…shit, I said boner.
A sort of…half laugh half scream of terror attempted to escape me but then I covered my mouth to hide it and when I managed to open my eyes, again, they were fixed on Edwards lips.
That had curled up into the most ridiculously sexy half smile, ever…and I just could not tear my eyes away from them.
So pretty.
I finally found my voice, again, and decided, in an attempt to divert his attention from the boner comment, among other things, I wanted to make sure he’d understood where I was coming from when I’d ranted earlier.
“Edward, I think you should know, that…”
And he didn’t give me the chance to continue.
Didn’t want me to, I supposed.
Because before I’d gotten another word out, those lips.
Those beautiful, soft, velvet like lips of his, were on my own…and as they parted, along with mine, his hand glided, harshly, to my waist, wrapped around me…and pulled me out into the rain with him.
My entire body melted into his.
My eyes, although they wanted to stay on him, to read his thoughts, closed as my hands found his chest…his neck, his…everything and his tongue was…so soft and experienced with the female species, might I add.
Edward’s hands were urgent and though he wasn’t too rough, by all means, he certainly wasn’t too gentle, either.
He was, as Little Red Riding Hood might have said, just…right.
My body was full of shivers and shutters and goose bumps and want and need and a desperation of my own was growing beyond what I would consider controllable.
Not that I wanted to control it.
When I found a way to somehow break away from his kiss, I was gasping for air and extremely toasty, despite the cold rain, enveloping us.
“Come in,” I breathed.
“I want to,” he answered, reaching his lips for mine, again.
Chest heaving…eyes…smoldering…  “God, I want to.”
I pulled him toward the door but he resisted.
“What about the Hales?”
I smiled, triumphantly. “Gone.”
“Emmett?”
“Also gone.”
There was still a tad bit of hesitation in him, but I could feel his walls breaking down.  His resistance faltering.
He wasn’t getting away from me, this time.
“Are you sure about this, Bella?  I mean I don’t want to…”
“Edward.”
He didn’t speak.  He just waited.
“We can talk later.”
“I just…”
“Stop it,” I put my finger to his lips, then. “I just want to enjoy this, while there’s still time to enjoy it,” I told him and he seemed to finally…finally get it.
I didn’t want to put pressure on him.
Didn’t want to own him.
I just wanted…
Him.
For as long as I had him and that was when I found myself swept up, into his arms, heading up the stair case of the Hale’s house, toward that warm bed I had been referring to.
“Which room?” he asked, placing another urgent kiss onto my lips.
“Next to Rose’s…”
He seemed to defeat the stairs, effortlessly as he carried me and once we’d made to my room, I kicked the door open with my feet.
Because anything I could do to make the situation move along a little quicker, was my pleasure.
Setting me down, Edward took my face into his hands, continued with the kissing and I let my body lean up against the door jamb, pulling his hips into me before working on getting that damned shit…off of him.
He obliged my needs, holding his arms up over his head to rid his body of the wet thing and then pressed himself up against me, slightly.
Teasingly.
Tantalizingly.
Making every cell that lived inside of me awaken, as though they’d been asleep for a very long time.
My top was gone, too then, and his hands…his fingers…moving the lace to my bra away, finding their way to my breasts were…chasing my patience away but his mouth on them…
And his hot…gentle…experienced tongue, was…
So, so much the better.
And my hands…they were everywhere.  I felt like I had no lead over them.  They wanted all of him and I couldn’t feel enough.
Couldn’t grasp enough.
I soon came to realize my latent cat like abilities, as I climbed him to wrap my legs around those hips of his and he lifted me like I was nothing, took me to the bed and we fell into the soft padding, there, just, enjoying our bodies touching each other.
Feeling our way around one another.
And every time his lips found a new part of me to devour, I just died a little, rolling into him as though I couldn’t be complete…couldn’t be alive, until he had me.
All of me.
I wrestled with his dampened jeans, trying desperately to rid him of them.
Then there was a hesitation.
“Do you need…anything?” he asked me because Edward Cullen might have thought little of himself, but in actuality, he was everything.
And he was a gentleman.
“No, I…I mean…I’m on the pill…but…not unless you want…”
“Hell no.”
I laughed and then he laughed and we helped each other disrobe and when I was completely nude for him, his eyes roamed my body, along with his hands…and that mouth of his…and I should have felt self conscious…should have shied under his gaze, but I didn’t.
I adored it.
Cherished and craved his appreciation and let my mind go free, to imagine the things he would do to me.
For me.
How he would make me feel.
And I wasn’t disappointed.
“You’re amazing,” he whispered, as his lips traveled from my navel…to my thighs…my waist…to the crevice, between my breasts and the little dip between my shoulder and neck line.
So lovingly.
So…slowly.
So perfect.
I held him there for just a minute, treasuring the feeling it gave me and when I let him go, he looked into my eyes, stirring things…
Everywhere.
We were both weary with need and I could barely stand him being so close and not having him inside of me that I was trembling a bit and he warmed me, with his hands, thinking I was cold.
“Do you want a blanket?”
“No,” I breathed.  “I want you….I want you, Edward.”
And then, at long last, he gave me what I wanted, what I needed and begged him for with the sounds of lust and fatigue that I’d been experiencing.
Fingers felt their way down my body and he slid them against the sensitive folds, feeling…testing…teasing me as he kissed me, softly, at first…then increasingly, more urgent.
More passionately that anything I’d recalled encountering.
Ever.
I felt him everywhere, helping himself to all I was giving him…to all the right places and as he slid himself into me, urges and shivers and pain and pleasure swept through me…including the beginnings of an orgasm I was almost afraid to endure.
Edward held my face, and kissed me relentlessly as he pushed into me, over and over and over again and I couldn’t hold on tight enough.
Couldn’t seem to get enough of him as he filled me completely and entirely.
Like he was the only one, ever meant to be there.
He whispered things into my ear that did things.
“You feel so good.”
Made me whimper, practically.
“So good.”
And want to scream, at the same time.
“This is so…”
“Perfect,” I finished, whispering back to him and he, in turn, replied, “Yes.”
He hit the exact…
Right…
Spot.
Every time he pushed into me, moving our bodies together, positioning me in ways I hadn’t quite experienced in the ways he let me experience them and when I thought I was going to cry out for mercy from the blissful agony he was creating, I came hard, scratching at his shoulders, as I felt everything tightening around him.
I failed to control the sounds I was making into his neck from the aftershocks of the best orgasm of my life and shortly after, Edward followed my lead, pushing harder and harder and then one last time, letting out the most delightful sounds of satisfaction and titillation, letting his own sounds of contentment escape him, against my skin.
“Jesus.”
I was exhausted.
In such a good way.
And in a way, I felt as though every pain, every sorrow, every hurt that Edward had been enduring, had been transferred to me through his love making and I was glad.
I was happy to take some of his burden from him.
To help him feel something other than the frustrations and anger I’d seen flash in his eyes, from time to time.
He, leaned over me then, as I was letting myself get lost in those thoughts, and very deliberately left a trail of hot, wet kisses along my neck, my arms, my hands, then down my thighs, my calves, all the way to the tops of my feet.
“You have adorable legs,” he said, kissing my toes.
It tickled.
In a good way.
And I just lay there, eyes closed, enjoying the feeling of his admiration of my…parts.
When he was done, he made his way back up to where he could see me, directly, to say, “Thank you,” before kissing me, yet again.
And I giggled a little.
“Oh, that wasn’t for you, Edward.”
Then he laughed and put his head down next to mine. 
We cuddled up inside of the blankets, enjoying the warmth of each other’s bodies, then, after a long stint of silence, I felt the need to give him something.
 “Edward?”
He was quiet, but I could tell, he was being thoughtful, staring up at the ceiling as he caressed me and ran his long fingers through my hair.
“Yes, Pie Girl?”
I smiled.
“I really didn’t mean half of what I said earlier, on the phone…I was taking my frustrations out on you, and I’m sorry.”
I heard a short, sort of sad sigh escape him and I arched my head around to see why.
“What?”
“Oh, it’s just…I’m usually the one doing the apologizing around here.”
“Well, trust me,” I said, gliding a hand to his, more, prominent parts of the evening.  “You have absolutely nothing to apologize for,” I teased and then kissed him.  To let him know just how much I appreciated everything that was Edward.
We chatted a while.
About his dad, my mom…basically dancing around things we really wanted to ask each other until…
“Mind if I ask you a question?” he inquired and I assured him, “Not at all.”
“It’s probably going to come out offensive,” he warned and I arched an eyebrow.  “How offensive are we talking about, Edward?”
“It could get ugly,” he said but I could tell, he was just goading me.
So I tilted my head, in curiosity, then he finally spilled his inquiry.
“Just exactly how…off…is your engagement?”
Oy.
“Very off,” I said, and then, because I always feel the need to explain myself to the fullest extent, “Extremely off…like, it’s not coming back on again.”
Edward chuckled but pushed on with it.
“How’d he take it?”
And this is where he was right.
It could very possibly be getting ugly.
 “Um….”
“He um’d you?”
“No, he didn’t um me…”
“’Cause, that’s not very nice, of him.”
I slapped his arm. “He didn’t um me, Edward.”
“Well, then…what did he do?”
“He…”
Then, Edward sat up, sensing something was amiss, and I sat up, too, mirroring him.
Naked.
Okay…focus.  I needed focus.
“Bella?”
“He hasn’t exactly…done anything, yet.”
“What does that even mean?”
I bit my lip.
Was there any way to get out of this conversation?
It was really hot in there, all of a sudden.
Edward was laughing, then.  Kind of.  “Bella, you did break it off with him, right?”
“Yeah…I um…”
Narrowing eyes.
Oh please make the narrowing eyes stop.
I took a deep breath of air, knowing, there was just no way around confessing this situation to him.  Then I told him the truth.
“I…sort of, endeditoverthephoneintoouransweringmachineandhehasn’tcalledmebackyet.”
There.
I said it.
And felt a lot better for saying it, too.
Except that, Edward looked…twisted.
And then he laughed again.
“It sounded like you said you ended it over your answering machine.”
I bit my lip again.
Oh come on…you would have too.
“Bella, tell me you didn’t break your engagement off, to the guy you’ve known practically your whole life…over an answering machine.”
“Well, I….”
Hurt.
There was hurt in his facial expression.
Like he was…empathizing for Jake?
“Oh Jesus Christ, you broke it off over the answering machine.”
“It seemed like the only option I had…I mean I tried to tell him live…”
“Bella, you’re still engaged,” he informed me, flatly, starting to exit the bed.
The soft, comfortable, so going to remind me of sex with Edward from now on, bed.
“No, I ‘m not.”
“H…yeah ya are.  And he hasn’t called you back yet?”
“Nnnnno, not technically.”
“Not, technically?”
And at that, he was up and had started to pick his clothes up from off of the floor.  “I just had sex with a taken woman…” he was mumbling, raking a hand through his hair.
“Edward, please….stay,” I told him, hopping off of the bed, grabbing his hands so they would stop trying to put the wet clothes back on.
Then he let his head fall back and inhaled deeply.
“Bella, you have to…”
“I am…” I told him, knowing where he was going…other than home, that is.  “I’m trying to make it right, Edward, I’ve been calling him and calling him and he’s not taking my calls or returning them, and I…”
I took a break, trying to find the words to make him understand.
“I just…it’s like…I’ve been stuck in this haze…for so long, and I didn’t mind the haze, really, the haze was comfortable, and I knew the haze, it was my friend, but then…one day, someone takes the haze away, and you see clearly, for the first time in…well forever…and you love that clarity so much, you want to hold on to the clarity, cling to it, love and adore it…but then the someone says, okay, it’s time for the haze to come back and you can’t…you just can’t go back to the haze…you realize the haze is evil and wrong, and you don’t want to try the haze ever again…you just want…”
“The clarity.”
“Right.”
“Man, do you rant.”
I let out a frustrated sigh and managed to giggle a bit at his taunting me.  “I know, it’s a sickness.”
He pulled me into a naked hug, then and I said, “I promise, it’s over, Edward, I’m going to make sure he knows…live and everything, I just…need to get a hold of him.”
And then, with a kiss on the top of my head, he tugged at my hand and pulled me back into bed with him, where I, very acceptingly went, and held onto him…
“Well, when you say you’re changing your life around…you’re not blowin’ smoke up anyone’s ass, that’s for sure,” he told me, re-claiming his prior position and I had no other response but to say, “I know.”
I was just glad he’d stayed.
He could be bothered, annoyed, angry even, about the way I’d handled things, later…as long as he stayed.
I felt completely content, laying there in his arms, listening to the sound of his breathing…of his heart beating.
Until I noticed, I couldn’t sleep.
He was….out like a light…but me?  No.
I had ideas.
So many ideas running through my head, suddenly, for the Hale’s website, that I got up, slipped a robe on, and headed downstairs to the laptop.
I grabbed Edward’s clothes before going, and threw them into the dryer so that when he did wake up, he wouldn’t have to walk home in wet clothes.
Or worse, none.
Okay, not that t hat would be worse, per say, but I’m sure he wouldn’t exactly be comfortable with it.
Or maybe he would.  Who knows, this is Edward, we were talking about.
It was late before I finally began feeling sleepy and when I snuck back upstairs, I saw that Edward was still sound asleep, so I let him stay that way.
I pulled the covers back, carefully and slipped in next to him as his arm, instinctively wrapped around me and pulled me closer.
I fell asleep, finally, listening to the soft, contented thumping in his chest and the next thing I knew, it was morning.
I sat up, stretched, feeling, incredibly sore…but in a good way, and I smiled at the fact that I had no clothes on, still, however…
There was also, no Edward and that made me want to crawl back under the covers and sulk.
Which is when I found, there was a note and I smiled at it as I read it.
Pie Girl,
Found my clothes.  Thanks.
Also found Emmett.
That didn’t go so well.
Last night was greatfunthe best night I’ve… it was beyond words.
Going for a run, then I need to take care of some things back at the vineyard and maybe go see Carlisle, later.  
Come with me?
~ E
The first thing I did was throw the piece of paper up into the air behind me as I ran to the bathroom to jump into the shower. 
I shampoo’d and shaved.
Everywhere.
Then got dressed and checked my cell phone for messages again.
Still no Jake.
I twisted my mouth a little, trying to decide my best course of action with him, as I descended the stair case that Edward had carried me up, the night before and thoughts, memories of the feelings he induced in me returned.
I was daydreaming as I passed the kitchen.
Then I heard him.
Laughing, joking, chuckling…like he was just having another…fun filled day, with Rose, as they prepared breakfast, together.
I stopped at the door, glaring at him and when he finally noticed me, he stopped the chuckling fun filled morning laughter and said, “Oh, hey Bells.”
Serious…and very…hesitantly.
“Somethin’ wrong?” he asked me, avoiding my eyes because he knew what was there.
And I wasn’t letting him get away with his bullshit anymore.
Rose stepped away from the entire conversation.
Smart woman.
“Oh there’s something wrong, alright,” I told him, holding the piece of paper that Edward had written his note out on to, for Emmett to see, clearly.  “And you’re going to correct it.”





A/N: Legs are when you Swirl wine in a glass and then observe the liquid running down the inside of the bowl these are the legs and are a good measure of a wines body.

No comments:

Post a Comment